It is an honor to present this jewel of the Catalan Modernism, an authentic masterpiece by the architect Salvador Sellés Baró that he built from 1910 to 1915 in the town of Cadaqués, between Podritxó beach and the Poal promenade.
The house was built by the Serinyana family between other two buildings. The house is composed by three floors and an attic and occupies two plots, separated by a small alley and linked by a bridge that connects the first floor of the main volume with the secondary one, in a lower level in front. In its facade we can highlight, in addition to its great beauty and the multitude of modernist details, that is not completely rectilinear, but adapts in plan to the geometry of the alley that separates the two bodies of the house. This urban detail is marked by the warehouse of the house, at a lower level, on which there is a terrace with great views of the Cadaques bay and the front of the town that borders the beach.
Thanks to the respect for the architecture and the art of the owners, the original structure, layout and decoration of the house has been maintained. For this reason, you can enjoy its tiled wainscoting, the carpentry with reliefs, the molding and painting of the ceilings, the varied hydraulic mosaic of the floors, the lighting fixtures and some furniture of that period. Its central staircase is remarkable, together with the door with stained glass and carved wood, the grating of the railing and the polychrome ceramic wainscot. Likewise, the interior layout stands out with spacious rooms on the main floors and the attic that is incorporated by the two towers, where you can see the complex wooden beam structure that rests on the facade.
Throughout the house, there is an absolute predominance of the sky blue color, the famous Empordà blue and the variety of smooth tiles with monochrome floral reliefs that combine with white, the balusters, the doors and windows, and the ceilings stand out, forming a continuous catharsis of sensations that do not escape to the visitor.
On the façade, the decoration of glazed ceramics, the friezes, the balustrades, the frames of the openings and the elements of wrought iron bars and balconies stand out. Without a doubt standing out notably from any other building of the town. The building is topped by a roof, very striking for its slopes and for its variation. It was built with glazed flat tiles of a very bright orange color. The irregularity of the slope of its roodf, another feature of Modernism, is achieved by different slopes. The two towers, one at each end, finish off the aesthetics and composition of the building and configure the volumetric singularity of the building, accentuated by its double-sloped roofs with different orientation, crowned by ornamental metal elements.